There are a lot of reasons to choose a company. Sometimes it comes down to dollars and cents, sometimes it comes down to reputation and trust.
We recommend Augusta Precious Metals because they fit the bill on both ends: they make good financial sense as an IRA option, and they have impeccable marks for trust and customer service.
Here are some benefits you can expect to get from them:
- Transparent fee structure.
- No-commission sales.
- Education before you invest.
- Dedication staff, and outstanding reviews.
They have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and they’ve been an accredited member of the BBB since 2015.
In addition to that, users on the BBB have given them an average of 4.97 out of 5, with no reviews below 4 stars. Consumer Affairs users have given them a perfect 5.0 out of 5.
As a testament to how transparent they are at Augusta, we reached out to them with a cold call, and they quoted us direct pricing for their fees, with no strings attached. They didn’t ask for a phone number to give us a sales pitch later. They didn’t demand we give them our name or email address.
We called and asked what the prices were, they gave them to us. We haven’t found that kind of straightforward dialogue from any Gold IRA company, ever.
Here is a basic breakdown of prices and fees, per Mike in customer service.
- Start-Up: There is a one-time $50 application fee. This includes getting paperwork filed and set up, as well as making sure that gold investing is right for you.
- Custodial Fees: Many Gold IRA companies don’t even tell you about these. Augusta charges $250 a year for custodial fees, and $100 a year after that.
- Shipping and Storage: With a qualifying purchase, this is free. Another hidden expense that other Gold IRA companies don’t mention, Augusta will cover the costs of transporting and insuring your gold during transport on qualified orders.
- Bid and Spread: One of the other hidden secrets of Gold IRA companies is that they don’t disclose how much the actual seller of the gold is asking for. They simply take your money and hand you an amount of gold back. With Augusta, they keep you informed, in real time, as the current bidding and asking amounts, so you always know the spread.
Doing the research into the company, and even placing an informational call to their customer service, we found out why everyone has such great things to say about Augusta. Their prices are fair, but more importantly, they are transparent. They are dedicated to educating their consumers, and committed to mutual success.
We cannot make the decision for anyone about whether a gold or silver IRA is right for them. But if it is, or if you want to know more, we recommend Augusta Precious Metals.